Thursday 13 September 2012

I'll Get There...

I miss the past,
The good times pass by so fast.
One minute I'm just a teen,
First kisses, first everythings,
Now I'm 'grown up', have to find my own way in life.
Have to make decisions,
Get on with things.
I look back now and it's all just a blur,
It's all gone so quickly,
I've been in love a few times,
I've had my heart broken,
And I've done some heart breaking.
Love doesn't get any easier,
No matter how old you are.
It's the same confusing battle between heart and brain.
School days pass by so quickly,
And you never believed them,
When they said they're the best years of your life,
You just wish them away,
And now - today,
I wish I could have them back again.
And I've made a few mistakes over the last few years or so,
Made plans, changed plans,
Failed myself.
But I got back up.
I'll make more plans,
Probably change more plans and fail myself again and again.
But I'll get there,
Wherever I'm meant to be,
I'll end up there eventually.

- 13th September 2012

(2 poems in 1 day?! Whaaat? I don't know what's happened to me!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment