Saturday 26 November 2011

Broken Wings.

We found each other,
When we needed us the most,
Then I chose to say goodbye,
You couldn't understand how hard it was that day,
To see you that way,
It hurt me to see you so low,
It tore me apart,
And you couldn't keep your promises to me,
Yet you tried,
You were trying.
Trying is not always good enough.
I try, all the time.
I've tried so hard to push you out of my mind,
It won't work.
Love works,
It breaks, and it shatters.
But you can always piece it back together,
Do it together,
Mend each other's broken wings,
Learn to fly away together,
Be there,
Care.
I care,
Perhaps too much,
Or maybe it's not enough.
I need to get better,
But I need you to get better,
Alongside me.
Help each other,
Mend our wings,
Fly off in to the night sky,
Oh please, please, please,
Let us fly away together.

-26th November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment