Wednesday 30 November 2011

Hush My Darling

I think I know you rather well, and I could be wrong but I've judged you to hell. Now you can tell me I'm wrong and maybe I'll see it, but I know the difference between truths and lies and pretense and real smiles. You're a solitary man, so you like to think. But you love a good drink, down the pub with the likeminded individuals you call friends, you have friends and you're not as lonely as you might think. Maybe I'm getting it all wrong but I don't think that's true, and I'd do anything in the world for you. You confine yourself in your little big cube, you hibernate just as I do and it's not the right path to choose. You're older than me and perhaps wiser. You've done a lot for me over what feels like years when it's so much shorter. I respect you so much and all I'd like is for you to be happy. I stil feel what I always did, but for a while I hid it, as I do, I hide my feelings away but I'm done hiding, especially with you. I never needed to pretend with you. But now they're all gone and you're all that's left inside, I'd like you to come inside. Take over me and look after me, be strong for me when I cannot be. You've done it all before, and I tried my best. I don't know if you're still thankful for me taking that step, I don't know what was real of us, all I know is I never wanted it to end and I still want it now. Are you scared of love or was it just me? I wish it was me that you need. You do crave love, just as much as I and any other, I'm sure of it. Have you met someone else or are you like me, are you simply attempting to be solitary, because you know what love does? I think that's the case, but you don't need to be scared. Hush my darling don't worry about a thing, I'm always here for you and just like I promised, I've been waiting for you. I don't know if it would work out for good, none of us do, but I'd be so willing to give all of my love to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment