Wednesday 28 December 2011

Are You Afraid Of Love?

Goodbyes don't come easy to me,
And we never even got to say that properly,
The love I felt for you simply had to end,
This I cannot comprehend.
There are many miles between us,
But absence makes the heart grow fonder,
Perhaps it's true,
I still feel what I always felt for you.
Maybe I laid myself bare and open,
Too quickly,
Maybe my mistake was giving you too much,
Too quickly.
All I know is I'd love for us to give it a go,
Yet I'm aware,
You don't see me as the one for you.
I admire you,
But it seems you've forgotten me.
I came in to your life broken,
And you had your arms wide open
But I didn't fix myself quickly enough,
And so I had to go,
Back home,
Out back in to the world alone.
Now I'm getting better,
But I won't forget you, ever.
I wish you still had your arms wide open,
It seems that now, you are more guarded.
Are you afraid of love?
Because I am too
But I don't want to give up the love
I feel for you.

-21st December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment