Thursday 15 December 2011

Ticked Box.

I don't want you to just be a chapter,
I'd rather you be part of the whole book.
I don't want you to just have been a phase,
I'd rather you be a big river than just a small lake.
You're like a maze, and you amaze me,
I don't ever want to find the way out,
But that's not such a bad thing.
I don't need you to be there constantly, for me to lean on,
But I'd like you to be there along the way,
Every now and then.
I'm never going to grow out of you,
You're not one of those books that I'd pick up,
Read a few lines of and decide that I can't get on with.
You're a work in progress,
And I'd like to keep reading as the story gets updated.
Please don't ever leave me out of your proof-reading list,
Don't let me be just a box that's already been ticked.

- 14th December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment