Wednesday 28 December 2011

There's No Robin Hood Any More.

The rich don't seem to care for the poor,
There's no robin hood any more.
They sit on their thrones,
They allowed them their loans.
They talk of profits,
Numbers, calculations,
The weather forecast is grey,
It's all grey today.
I wish the waste of this country would sail away,
But it seems it's here to stay.
The wind blew your cigarette away,
Now the council are going to make you pay.
There's no money,
The bills will have to be paid another day,
They soar,
But they never fly off in to the night,
The poor just have to fight and fight
To get through life.
I feel the wind blowing, rough on my cheeks,
I sighed, looked down at my feet
They have their maids,
We have nothing.
This country will never change,
The constant worry will never fade.

-21st December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment