Thursday 8 December 2011

The Shark's Jaws.

I love the sound of pattering rain,
Almost as much as the sound of your name.
I am an island,
But not every man is,
I think we could create a new one,
Together,
Build an empire,
But you won't fly away with me,
Of that I'm sure.
You could be my jellyfish,
All bright and happy and free,
It's you I want to see.
I'm just not so sure you want to see me.
You are the shark's jaws,
And I am your human meat,
But will you want me to eat?
I'll be there for you,
No matter what mountains we have to get through
I just don't know if you're willing to walk the mountains with me.
I'll be your robin,
And you be my red chest,
Robins are beautiful,
Yet they're not at all as beautiful as you.
I'll be your tree, full of pretty autumn leaves,
I'll write you love poetry daily,
On paper trees,
But will you build a lovely forest with me,
Please?

-7th December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment