Thursday 8 December 2011

London

I miss you, big city, bright lights. I miss you, and the people you house. You became my home, my safe haven, then you threw me out. All I wanted was to be happy with you, my friend, my foe. There's always something to do, in you. Buzzing streets, busy nights, so many people around to see the sights. Your river, so pretty to sit by, the big green space I grew to adore, your kooky little shops and even your big chain stores, I love you, and I miss you, terribly. I wish I could call you home again, but it's not to be this time. I need a little more time. Once I'm settled, I can justify being unsettled here. It's not you, and I really didn't get to know you quite as well as I would've liked. I'll be back, for sure. You are my shore, the place I feel happiest. I can wander round your streets and marvel at your beauty. I'll be back to see you soon, and I hope I'll be back to stay, one day.

-8th December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment