Wednesday 28 December 2011

Lost Loves Filling Up My Head

I felt so much love for you,
But we moved so fast,
It simply wasn't meant to last.
The arguments told me we couldn't go on,
To me it was apparent that for each other we were wrong.
I'd gone back to him,
In my mind and my heart,
With him I was taken up
But he doesn't want me now,
I'm not sure he ever did.
The feelings I have for him won't ever go away,
There'll always be a part of me that longs for those days,
But I don't even know who he is any more.
I met another him,
Someone new, so refreshing,
Are new starts,
But I gave him too much of my heart,
He couldn't accept my love
And I don't understand why,
I do still long for him at night,
In his arms everything felt so right.
But I couldn't wait,
Too scared to be alone,
So again, I moved on,
And again, I gave too much of myself away,
That was a rushed, sudden, overwhelming love,
It was too much, in the end,
And I had to walk away then
For my heart's sake.
So now I'm alone,
And I'm trying to learn life without love
But I think it's too much.
At night, it's so hard to sleep,
I miss those times,
Watching comedy together,
Smoking in bed.
I miss it all,
I miss feeling like I belonged,
That's how I felt when I found your arms.
There are so many lost loves filling up my head,
It's you I keep coming back to now, though,
I feel so terrible, I fucked up so badly
And we never really got to give it a go,
I miss you so.

-20th December 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment